How DWI Attorneys in Missouri Can Help You!
Let’s face it, everyone makes mistakes now and then. Sometimes these mistakes, like a DWI, can have a much bigger effect on your life than you may realize. Especially, if your DWI charge is not handled correctly. If you’ve been charged with a DWI in Missouri, you may not know where to turn to, what your rights are, and what the DWI laws in Missouri are. That’s why it’s vital to your future to find an experienced DWI attorney in Springfield, MO to represent you. As your DWI representation we can assist you by:
- If you are unable to appear in court, we will represent you on your behalf.
- After investigating the evidence, we will determine how you should plead.
- We will handle all the necessary court paperwork.
- We Investigate your case by reviewing police reports, taking witness statements and examining an evidence that may be placed against you.
- Keeping you informed for what to expect before, during, and after your court hearing.
What Are The DWI Laws in Missouri?In Missouri, it’s illegal to drive while intoxicated. This includes the use of alcohol, drugs, or certain medications. While the blood alcohol limit for drivers who have been drinking is .08% (if you’re under 21 the limit is .02%) it is illegal to have any amount of a controlled substance, like marijuana or cocaine, present in the driver’s blood. Depending on whether it’s your first offense or third offense will be a determining factor in the penalties you may face, if you are found guilty.
First OffenseIf it’s your first time being convicted of a DWI, you may face:
- 30 Days license suspension
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Fines up to $500
- Possible Interlock Ignition Device (IID) required
Second OffenseThe second time you are convicted of a DWI you could face:
- One year license suspension
- Up to one year in jail
- Fines up to $1000
- IID possibly required after one year
Third OffenseIf you’re unlucky enough to be convicted of a DWI a third time, you may face:
- 10 year license suspension
- Up to four years jail time
- Fines up to $5,000
- You will be required to have an interlock ignition device
How DWI Springfield Can HelpWe know that sometimes good people make bad decisions. We aren’t here to judge, we are simply here to help you get out of this mess. When you choose to work with experienced criminal defense attorneys, like DWI Springfield, you are making a good decision for your future. We use our experience and intimate knowledge of the justice system to explore your case from top to bottom. We leave no stone unturned to ensure the best possible outcome for you. Our attorneys have many years of experience in providing legal representation for the following cases:
- DWIs and DUIs
- License Reinstatement
- SATOP( Substance Abuse Traffic Offender Program)
- Hardship Licenses
- SR-22 Insurance
- Expunging of Alcohol offenses over 10 years old.